Association Angolan Laboratories
“Competent laboratories to Development”
Legal status: Non-Profit Organization (official publication Nº 21, serie III, January 31 of 2018)
1. Introduction of the role of test and calibration laboratories in facilitating trade
AAL have 4 categories of members. Two of this category are, Test and Calibration Laboratories. This laboratories play a very important role facilitating trade especially on the SADC region concerning implementation of Free Trade Zone, according the annex 9 of SADC protocol of trade. As a conformity assessment body, laboratories will access goods, products and equipment of metrology to remove barrier of trade.
2. Who are we and why do we exist?
The Angolan Association of Laboratories (AAL) was founded in 2017 as a non-profit organization with the objective to mitigate several problems such as obsolete national labs infrastructure, limited operational capacity for most laboratories, lack of operational sustainability of the labs, weak supply of technical assistance, etc.
3. What do we do?
• Mission: Congregate test, calibration and clinical labs, and technical expert, to improve their technical capacity, in all levels;
• Vision: To be a privileged partner of the government in the execution of the policies for concerning laboratories;
• Objectives: -To Promote and disseminate the theoretical and practical knowledge of good laboratory practices in line with the international standards.
– To promote exchange between labs.
– To promote studies of problems of interest to the laboratories and disseminate the results.
– To contribute to the training of the laboratories in order to operate in the SADC free trade area. (8 lines in total)
– To Contribute to the government programme of diversification of economy
4. How we can help you/ Service offering
5. Impact Achieved so far
The impact that has been caused so far is the request for membership by the laboratories
• Up-to-dated technical information through newsletter, seminars, workshops, etc.;
• Technical trained for laboratories;
• International conferences and congresses on topics related to laboratories;
• Scientific articles of laboratory members of the AAL;
• Participation in a Proficiency Testing Schemes nationwide;
• Improved the national labs infrastructures.
|Founding Members||• To elect and be elected to the executive committee,
• participate in general assembly and vote,
• Discounts on any services rendered,
• Direct access to the AAL events
|Honorary Members||Don´t pay fees, and all general benefits|
|Region||Number of Laboratories||Scope of Laboratories|
|Luanda||12||Test Labs ( physical, chemical and Microbiology)|
|Luanda||5||Test Labs Castration Material|
|Huíla||5||Test Labs ( Physical, chemical and Microbiology)|
|Benguela||3||Tests Labs(( physical, chemical and Microbiology)|
|Huambo||4||Tests Labs( physical, chemical and Microbiology)|
|Cabinda||1||Tests Labs( physical, chemical and Microbiology)|
• Membership fees available upon requested
7. Management of the MS-NLA
• Executive committee
8. How do you contact us?
Address: 25, Cerqueira Lukoki Steet ,1º Floor – Luanda, Angola
Email: geral.aal1 @gmail.com
Telephone: (00244) 222 711 414/ 936 756 374/925058184
9. Important SQAM dates
• World Metrology Day, 20 May;
• World Accreditation Day, 9 June;
• World Standards Day, 14 October;
• World Quality Day, 2nd Thursday of November.